Are you looking to straighten your smile? We understand how important it is to have confidence in your smile for your overall well-being.
That’s why Cooper Dental offers Invisalign to assist you in achieving your ideal smile.
While some orthodontic treatments may take longer to see results, Invisalign can help straighten your teeth in just under a year, depending on the severity of your dental issues. Invisalign is a clear aligner orthodontic treatment that can help you achieve a straighter smile and improve your bite.
If you’d like to learn more about Invisalign and whether it’s right for you, we invite you to schedule an appointment at Cooper Dental to see if you’re a good candidate.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign clear aligners are virtually invisible, unlike traditional metal braces, making them a discreet option for those who want to avoid the appearance of braces.
During your Invisalign treatment, you will wear a series of custom aligners that gradually shift your teeth into the desired position. Cooper Dental uses modern technology, such as the iTero scanner, to create a 3D map of your teeth.
This enables an accurate and personalized treatment plan, as well as a way to track the progress of your desired smile.
What Can Invisalign Fix?
Invisalign is a versatile orthodontic treatment that can treat an array of dental problems. Here are some of the specific problems that Invisalign can help with:
- Overbite: An overbite occurs when your upper front teeth protrude beyond your lower front teeth. This issue can be corrected by gradually shifting your teeth into a more optimal position with Invisalign.
- Gaps between teeth: If you have gaps or spaces between your teeth, it can affect the appearance of your smile. Invisalign can help close these gaps, giving you a more even, uniform smile.
- Crowded teeth: When there isn’t enough room in your mouth for all of your teeth to fit properly, they may become overcrowded or crooked. Invisalign can straighten your teeth and help alleviate issues associated with crowded teeth, such as difficulty cleaning and an increased risk of tooth decay. The severity of crowding will determine the length of your Invisalign treatment.
- Teeth at different levels or lengths: In some cases, certain teeth may be longer or shorter than others or at different levels. Invisalign can help align these teeth with the rest of your smile, creating a more uniform appearance.
Invisalign vs. Braces
Advantages of Invisalign
One major advantage of Invisalign is its aesthetic appeal. Invisalign uses clear, virtually invisible aligners, making it a popular choice for those who want to straighten their teeth without the appearance of traditional metal braces.
Additionally, Invisalign treatment can be performed by a general dentist, while braces usually require an orthodontist.
Another advantage of Invisalign is that the clear aligners are removable, making eating (although you can eat with them in) and cleaning easier.
Advantages of Braces
Traditional braces, on the other hand, are made up of metal brackets and wires that are permanently attached to the teeth, making it difficult to eat certain foods and properly clean the teeth.
While Invisalign is an excellent choice for those who value aesthetics and convenience, it may not be appropriate in all cases.
Braces are still an ideal option for extensive orthodontic treatments because they can effectively correct all types of dental issues, such as bite problems and jaw misalignment.
Ultimately, the decision between Invisalign and braces will depend on your individual needs and preferences, as discussed with your dentist. Consulting with an experienced dentist at Cooper Dental can help determine which treatment option is right for you.
How Long Does Invisalign Take?
Achieving the desired results from Invisalign takes consistency, compliance, and commitment. The timeline will depend on the extent of adjustment needed and the severity of the dental issues.
To see the desired results within the outlined treatment timeline, it’s important to wear your Invisalign clear aligners for 22 hours a day.
Custom aligners are changed every 1-2 weeks, with a 10-minute progress visit to the dentist every 4-8 weeks.
On average, Invisalign treatment takes under a year. The duration of treatment can be influenced by the severity of issues, the patient’s commitment to wearing the aligners as directed, and following the dentist’s instructions for care and maintenance.
How to Care for Your Invisalign
Caring for your Invisalign aligners is an essential part of the treatment process to achieve desired results. Here are some pointers on how to care for your clear aligners:
- Cleaning your clear aligners daily is essential to preventing the buildup of bacteria, food debris, and plaque. To clean the aligners, brush with a soft-bristled toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Brushing and flossing your teeth every day will help remove any food particles or plaque that may have accumulated on your teeth throughout the day. After removing your clear aligners, brush and floss your teeth.
- When you aren’t wearing your aligners, keep them in their case. This will help to keep them from becoming misplaced or damaged.
- Hot water and coloured liquids should be avoided as they may stain or warp the aligners.
Make the Most of Your Orthodontic Journey
An experienced dentist at Cooper Dental can recommend a personalized orthodontic treatment for your smile journey. If you’re looking for a quick and discrete way to straighten your smile for cosmetic reasons, Invisalign can be a great option.
Contact the team at Cooper Dental to schedule an in-depth consultation where we take photographs of your teeth, as well as a 3D scan to review all the details.